(WINTER '20) Lullabies and Sweet Songs -- 4-Week Sunday Mini Class with Leela Grace
Sundays, 1:30-2:30pm, January 26-February 16, 2019.
(Scroll down to register.)
Calling all pregnant people, impending parents of babies, caregivers/grandparents/family members of babes in arms, and anyone who wants to learn sweet songs to sing to (or with!) little ones... (pre-mobile babies are welcome to join, too!)
No singing experience is necessary! We will be learning a small collection of sweet lullabies and other songs you and your little one(s) will love. You will get the chance to use and strengthen your voice, learn some new songs, and raise your voice in simple harmony with other parents and caregivers. We'll be learning songs by ear and sometimes adding two- or three-part harmonies.
This class is for YOU as a parent/family member/caregiver, but that baby will also reap the rewards! Some proven benefits of singing with/to your baby (whether you are the gestating parent or not):
• Fetuses can sense audio vibrations and rhythms early in pregnancy. Later in pregnancy they hear and distinguish various sounds.
• They recognize their parents’ voices after birth.
• Newborns prefer their parents’ voices over the voices of strangers.
• Fetuses respond to music by calming, becoming active, and/or with changes in fetal heart rate (depending on the music).
• Premature babies are calmed by soothing music.
* Improves your mood and gives you energy by raising Endorphin levels.
* Is an effective way to reduce tension and stress.
* Increases your lung capacity and therefore your oxygen levels.
* and much more!